Thoughts I've had, poems I've written and anything else I think might be interesting.


Favorite bands

Damn! I completely forgot I had a blog. Well, I've decided to make a list of what I consider to be the best bands in the country. You must understand that I make no assumptions about bands that I have not seen. I haven't seen them so I can't rate them. So that being said, this list can more be seen as the bands that I would consider among the best no matter how good any other band I may see is. If that makes sense. So here goes.

Old Crow Medicine Show (how could I not include these guys?)
Belleville Outfit (based out of Austin)
No BS! Brass Band (how can anyone from Richmond leave them off a list of best bands?)
The Hot Seats (another Richmond band)
Carolina Chocolate Drops (I've only seen these guys in videos but the first time they're in Richmond I'm there)
Umphrey's McGee (no explanation necessary)
Popebear (I'll admit that I'm biased on this one, but that's not gonna change my opinion. They're the best.)
Meshiya Lake (she performs with the Loose Marbles and the Little Big Horns)

That's all I can think of right now. I'll possibly (though not likely) update the list at some point or other. But if you are reading this and see any bands mentioned that you haven't heard of you should check them out.

1 comment: